TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Kamal Hassan has officially confirmed the release of his new film Dasavatharam. According to the actor, his magnum opus will be released for Pongal 2008 without any further delay. He has announced this on Monday evening at a function by the Govt of Kerala to honour veteran cameraman Makada Ravi Varma held at Chennai.
The state Government's highest honour J.C. Daniel Award for lifetime contribution and growth of Malayalam Cinema was given to 81-year old legendary cameraman, a close associate to Adoor Gopalakrishnan. Ravi Varma had worked with Adoor as a cameraman for most of his films. The Kerala Cultural Minister M.A.Baby has confined this award at Ravi Varma's Chennai residence in the presence of Kamal Hassan.
After handing over the award, Kamal talked to the media persons for few minutes before he left the place. He said: "The shoot of Dasavatharam is almost over except for some patchwork. All the songs were shot and the climax too was completed few days back. The post production work is going on in full swing, and I'm sure the film will be ready for Pongal 2008. I think there will be no further delay in the schedule..."