TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Kamal Hassan has officially confirmed the release of his new film Dasavatharam. According to the actor, his magnum opus will be released for Pongal 2008 without any further delay. He has announced this on Monday evening at a function by the Govt of Kerala to honour veteran cameraman Makada Ravi Varma held at Chennai.
The state Government's highest honour J.C. Daniel Award for lifetime contribution and growth of Malayalam Cinema was given to 81-year old legendary cameraman, a close associate to Adoor Gopalakrishnan. Ravi Varma had worked with Adoor as a cameraman for most of his films. The Kerala Cultural Minister M.A.Baby has confined this award at Ravi Varma's Chennai residence in the presence of Kamal Hassan.
After handing over the award, Kamal talked to the media persons for few minutes before he left the place. He said: "The shoot of Dasavatharam is almost over except for some patchwork. All the songs were shot and the climax too was completed few days back. The post production work is going on in full swing, and I'm sure the film will be ready for Pongal 2008. I think there will be no further delay in the schedule..."