TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Saturday, February 17, 2007
The Madras High Court granted anticipatory bail to actress devi priya allegedly involved in a life threatening case. Few days before, Hemamalini, the second wife of a video shop owner William Issac, had lodged a complaint in Adayar police station. She states in that complaint that Issac and his would be Devi Priya had threatened her to withdraw the case against Issac. The police personals immediately rushed to devi priya's house and searched for Issac. But he had disappeared from there. Police warned devi priya to make Issac surrender as soon as possible. And when they hinted that there are chances of devi priya also being arrested on other grounds, she fled from her residence. Sources report that she is hiding in an Industrialist's farmhouse in Kelambakkam. She did not attend any of her shooting schedules also. On the other side her lawyers moved a petition seeking anticipatory bail for her in the case. On Friday afternoon the court granted the bail with a condition of paying Rs. 10000 in cash, two individual securities at Saidapet Court and also ordered devi priya to co-operate with the police for further enquiry.
The High Court has permitted the police to interrogate devi priya for 3 days.
Sources from Chennai Commissioner"s Office say that the police would be starting the enquiry from today itself. And there is also a possibility of arrest under the anti-prostitution act, which the police are keeping very secretly.