TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nagrota Attack: Free Run For Terrorists
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- Launch Alert: Huawei Mate 20 Pro To Launch On 27th November
- Deepika And Ranveer Bangalore Reception: All You Need To Know!
- F1 Raceweek: Alonso Farewell Looms
- Typhus - Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Monday, January 22, 2007
It not about the language...it has been proved by the Tamil film makers recently. A few years ago, Dr.Ramadoss, the founder president PMK and Thol.Thirumavalavan, the founder of Dalit Panthers had started a movement against the English or other language titles for Tamil Movies. Very few people followed the directions of the Dalit leaders. Many have criticised and condemned such activities. Actors like Kamal also criticised The Tamil Activists. He refused to change the name of his film Mumbai Express. After few months, the "Tamil Titling" movement loses its tempo. Both the leaders also forget their aggression conveniently. Days are gone... The new DMK government announced some concession and financial aid packages for Tamil titling for Tamil films (100% tax free for films titled in Tamil).
What a miracle.... Nearly 40 producers changed the titles of their films. From Something.... to Auto, it is 28 films released after the changes in title. 12 more films also changed its titles yet to release. Now the big news is...Dasavatharam, a Kamal starrer film also awaiting for a suitable Tamil title. According to the govt sources, the information and publicity department officials told the producer of Dasavatharam that that title is a Sanskrit word.
Another film is Rajini's Sivaji The Boss....But the producer is very much stubborn in its original title and never bothers about the Tax free. Since it is a Rajini film, it does not make sense to worry about the collection and fees!