TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Sunil Noronha
Monday, November 26, 2007
Tamil film director Jananathan recently claimed that Sanjay Leela Bhansali"s magnum opus Saawariya is nothing but a copy of one of his earlier film Iyarkkai. While taking about the issue, Jananathan said that a Hindi producer once wanted to remake the flick and he even gave him a copy of the film – something that he doesn"t know what happened to now.
While he hurls these accusations at Sanjay Leela Bhansali, he agrees that his film too was indeed an adaptation of Fyodor Dostoyevsky"s White Nights but he maintains that he made a few changes in order for the film suit Tamil sensibilities. But Bhansali he claims lifted the story straight from his film.