TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, October 12, 2007
'Mazhai Ninrulum thoovanan Vidathu...' (Though rain stopped, the drizzle continues) is the apt proverb for Kamal's Dasavatharam. Yes... the film is again facing some serious problems from Senthil Kumar, an Assistant director who claims the copyright of the story of the film right from the launch of the project.
Few weeks back the Chennai Sessions Court had granted a clean chit in the alleged script-lifting case of the movie. Earlier, the court denied a stay on Dasavatharam on the plagiarism case filed by Senthil Kumar. His subsequent appeal has also been slammed by the court after careful comparison, in camera inquiries and study of the movie's script with Senthil's story. In the judgment, the court also denied any similarities between the two stories. But the unconvinced Senthil Kumar is now knocking the doors of The Supreme Court for justice!
In a recent interview Senthil alleged that he has been attacked by a gang of goons sent by Kamal's close associates. He further told that he met the then Commissioner of Police and handed over a complaint to take action against Kamal and his associates. However, he stated, since no action has been initiated by the Commissioner's office, he took the matter to the Tambaram Judicial Court. The court admitted his petition and the case has been adjourned to November 7, 2007.
He also mentioned that he is prepared to move to the Supreme Court in this matter next week. However, Senthil challenged Dasavatharam's release and declared that he will release his original script before the release of Dasavatharam in the form of print as well as a 3D animated movie. He has titled the animated version as 'Cloning- The original version of Dasavatharam'
But quite contrary, the actor is busy with the final works of Dasavatharam and makes efforts to bring the movie for Pongal 2008.