TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, July 20, 2007
Kamal Hassan's Dasavatharam is nearing completion and will be over soon. For the first time in the history of Cinema, the actor will appear in 10 different roles including that of American President George W Bush. His other avatharams include those of a monk, tribal African, hip youngster, king of Chozha Empire, a software professional. The 50 crore rupees mega project is expected to have a Diwali release.
The sets in which the film was shot were erected at a cost of 7.5 crores. The latest news to hit filmnagar is that all his 10 avatharams will come together in the last scene of the film. This scene was shot at a set erected at Muttukadu - in the backwaters of Mamallapuram.
Kamal is not the only one to play so many avatharams in the same film. Late actor Sivaji Ganeshan also appeared in 9 different getups in his hit film Navarathiri. Meanwhile the fight of who gets the films distribution is getting hotter. The city's top distributors are gearing up to win the Chennai rights of the film. Shivaji distributor Abhirami Ramanathan is also in the fray but it seems like the films rights would got the producer Oscar Ravichandran himself.