TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Actress Kamalini Mukherjee, heroine in Vettayadu Vilayadu, has been replaced by Sneha in Pirivom Santhippom. The actress was to play the lead the role in the Koru Pazhaniyappan film opposite Cheran. The director of the film finished her photoshoot. All was well when a month later, she was put off the project and was replaced by Sneha.
When asked about this at a recent press conference, the director said that due to some date problems Kamalini had to pull out of the project. But the actress questions the director’s statement. She said, "I don’t understand why the director said that. I gave enough dates to him. But later I realised that Cheran and the director were thinking of changing the story of the film, I decided to pull out of the project. I felt that I would not fit in the story."
She added, “The new story had given a lot less importance to the heroines role. And I don’t want to comment on Sneha taking up the role that was offered to me. That is entirely her decision. I have nothing to do with it.”
She said that at present she is shooting for Telugu film with Pawan Kalyan and Thri Vikram. She is also shooting for a film directed by EVV Sathyanarayana. This films story has ben written by veteran director Bharatiraja. She is in talks for a few Tamil projects too but nothing has been finalized yet.