- Trisha To Work With Superstar Rajinikanth For The First Time?
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Remembering M Karunanidhi: Rare Photos Of Kalaignar That You Might Have Missed
- Karunanidhi Death: Kollywood Stars React To The Marina Controversy, Condemn The State Government
- M Karunanidhi Death: Rajinikanth Says He Has Lost His ‘Kalaignar’
- Amy Jackson Raises The Temperature In Her Latest Black & White Shoot! Pictures
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, November 05, 2007
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanithi paid his last homage to late Kamalammal, wife of Thespian of Indian Cinema late Shivaji Ganesan on friday. Kamalammal (68) expired on Thursday due to prolonged illness at a private hospital in the Chennai. Her body was taken to her T. Nagar residence Annai Illam for public homage. Hundreds of neighbors turned in front of Annai Illam and paid their last respect to Kamalammal.
Chief Minister Karunanithi came in the evening and paid his homage to her body. He was visibly in tears and had shared his grief with the sons of Sivaji Ganesan, Prabhu and Ramkumar. Later he told, "I was the person who conducted the marriage of my dear friend Sivaji and sister Kamala 50 years ago in front of other friends MGR and Kannadasan. Now both were passed away. I'm not in a position to even expose my grief over the death of my dear sister Kamala. I can't bear this burden of grief and couldn't know how to console their sons and daughters. I hope both the good souls of Sivaji and Kamala will always be like gods with their good children."
Former Chief Minister and AIADMK Supremo J.Jayalalithaa had also visited Annai Illam and put a garland on the body of Kamalammal. Superstar Rajinikanth rushed to the residence of Sivaji after heard the death of Kamalammal in the morning itself and stayed there till the evening. He has ordered to make some necessary arrangements to keep the body till Sunday. The entire film world turned at Sivaji's residence and shared their grief with Prabhu and Ramkumar.