TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Thursday, January 11, 2007
The Madras High Court has granted anticipatory bail to actress/producer Khushboo. The actress had filed for the bail because she had reasons to believe that the police might arrest her in connection with a cheating case against her.
Khushboo's brother wanted to fund a Kannada movie and had borrowed a sum of around US$ 16,400 from his father-in-law. The money was routed through her account. Khushboo had signed an agreement with her brother's father-in-law regarding an apartment that she owns in Bangalore.
She then handed the money over to her brother and sent the bills to his father-in-law. Meanwhile, disputes arose between father-in-law and son-in-law and the film never got released. The father-in-law has now decided to take legal action against his son-in-law and the actress.
She claims that she has nothing to do with the transaction. But just to avoid unnecessary complications, she had applied for a bail.