TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, November 30, 2007
"This is really ridiculous... A group of people always watches me and tries to make trouble in my peaceful life. The case filed against me for insulting Hindu goddesses is looking funny and it is the job of some jobless people. Actually, I sat nearly four or five feet away from the statues. Any how, I am ready to face the case, if it is taken for enquiry" – This is what Kushboo says when our correspondent contacted her yesterday.
Gurumoorthy, a Hindu Munnani activist from Kumbakonam has filed a case against the actress under the sections of 295, 295 A and 296, for insulting Hindu sentiments by sitting near to the Goddess statue with chapels in the launch function of Tamil movie Vallamai Tharayo...
After the news came out, reporters and channel people gathered in front of Kushboo's residence to know her reaction. But the actress refused to comment in public on the case.
Talking to our correspondent, she further said: "I never did anything against the sentiments of Hindus or Hindu Goddesses in the launch function of Tamil Film Vallamai Tharayo... In fact, I'm following all Hindu rituals in my personal life and living as a Hindu housewife. I know the values of a religion…"
Meanwhile, the Judge has admitted the case for enquiry and adjourned further proceedings on December 3rd.