TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, November 05, 2007
For Lekha Washington, the nightmare of Kettavan has now gone. Yes, the actress will play the lead role in a film to be produced by a reputed production house in Tamil Cinema.
Lekha, the beautiful VJ of SS Music has signed a film to be produced by Sathya Jyothi Films, which had earlier produced Em Magan. And the title of the new film is Jayam Kondan. Unnale Unnale fame Vinay will be playing the lead role.
R. Kannan, one of the associates of Mani Ratnam is going to direct this film. Sources said that the director has approached Bhavana for the lead role and Lekha has accepted to do the second heroine role in this film.
When our correspondent contacted Lekha, she replied: "Yes… I'm going to act in Jayam Kondan, but certainly not as second heroine. I'm doing the lead character…"
On her experience in Kettavan, the actress says: "As far as I know, I'm still acting in Kettavan, though I don't know when the project will recommence. Deccan Chronicle has been slanderously misquoting me. Many things have happened during the shooting of the film but there is certainly no doubt of my acting abilities. When my work comes out, we will see the rest..."
All the best Lekha!!