TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro officially launched
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Actress Malavika is doing an item number with actor Vijay in director Dharani's film 'Kuruvi'. After 'Valameenu...' song in Chithiram Pesuthadi, Malavika become very popular item dancer. Initially, Director Dharani had planned to approach Reema Sen, one of his close friends. But as she was fully committed to the schedule of Selvaraagavan's Ayirathil Oruvan, the director has opted forMalavika and gave her the song.
The song is said to be one of the highlights of the film and was picturised few days ago at the Race Course premises, Guindy. Vijay, Malavika and dancers have performed for this foot tapping item. For the Bangalore beauty, Malavika, a thorough professional, to be Vijay's item girl is a major boost in her career.
Malavika said: "I'm very happy about the item song in which I performed in the prestigious film Kuruvi. Many think that I have given up acting after marriage. But for me acting is a profession like any other job. How can I lose my charm after the marriage? I must thank Vijay and Dharani for giving me an opportunity to prove my talents…"