TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Actress Malavika is doing an item number with actor Vijay in director Dharani's film 'Kuruvi'. After 'Valameenu...' song in Chithiram Pesuthadi, Malavika become very popular item dancer. Initially, Director Dharani had planned to approach Reema Sen, one of his close friends. But as she was fully committed to the schedule of Selvaraagavan's Ayirathil Oruvan, the director has opted forMalavika and gave her the song.
The song is said to be one of the highlights of the film and was picturised few days ago at the Race Course premises, Guindy. Vijay, Malavika and dancers have performed for this foot tapping item. For the Bangalore beauty, Malavika, a thorough professional, to be Vijay's item girl is a major boost in her career.
Malavika said: "I'm very happy about the item song in which I performed in the prestigious film Kuruvi. Many think that I have given up acting after marriage. But for me acting is a profession like any other job. How can I lose my charm after the marriage? I must thank Vijay and Dharani for giving me an opportunity to prove my talents…"