- Dil Se: Shahrukh Khan Went MISSING While Shooting For Jiya Jale Song, Reveals Farah Khan!
- Mollywood Retake: What If Shahrukh Khan's Dil Se.. Is Remade In Malayalam?
- This Throwback Pic Of SRK-Malaika Arora Khan From Chaiyya Chaiyya Shoot Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Good News! Rani Mukerji To Have A Baby Shower Soon
- 10 Most Popular Train Scenes From Bollywood
- SRK Finds Zohra Sehgal Most Naughty Young Girl!
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
'A good story and its distinct depiction on screen are the key factors which are more important than filming technique', says veteran movie maker Mani Ratnam. At present Mani is in Goa to participate in the ongoing 38th International Film Festival of India.
Mani Rathnam, the director known as the trend setter through his remarkable films like Nayakan, Thalapathi, Anjali and Guru says, "It is more important for me to tell the story convincingly, backed by good performances from actors. A good story without the support of good acting will have no impact on people. However, story is bigger than stars".
According to the director, he is still learning various nuances of film making and his emphasis would be on ensuring a smoother ending. He feels that one of the main reasons why some of his films like Dil Se and Gitanjali did not do well in spite of a good story was abrupt ending. The entire story that has been narrated for two hours has to end logically as it is the ending for which a movie is remembered by the people.
A worthy message from a veteran to the budding creators!