TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, April 02, 2007
Kollywood glamour queen Namitha formally inaugarated her fan's club. It has been named 'Namitha Welfare Association'. She is the first actress to have started her fan club at a public function.She inaugurated the club at the German hall, very close to the office of the South Indian Film Artist's Association. After the launch, Namitha told us: 'Thousands of my fans from all over the South have been persuading me to allow them to start the fan club. Initially I was hesitant but later I considered their request. All male heroes have their own fan club but very few actresses actually have one. According to me, having a fan club is not a sin for an actress like me. There are no political motives behind this. I have started it in lieu of my fans' welfare. I will help them if they are in need of it. At the same time, they can provide their humanitarian services to the society in my name.'
Actress Keerthi Chawla, Swathika and Jyothirmayi also attended the function. Namitha donated free sarees to poor ladies and free note books to poor students at the function. She also provided free silk sarees and gold magalsutras to poor brides as a gift. At present Trisha is the only other actress to have thousands of Tamil and Telugu fan clubs.