- Chekka Chivantha Vaanam: Arvind Swami Looks Intense In The Latest Poster Of Mani Ratnam's Film
- Mani Ratnam’s Chekka Chivantha Vaanam To Release On This Date!
- Mani Ratnam's Spokesperson Rubbishes Rumours Of The Director Being Unwell, Says He's Fine
- Dil Se: Shahrukh Khan Went MISSING While Shooting For Jiya Jale Song, Reveals Farah Khan!
- Is A Mohanlal-Mani Ratnam Movie On Cards?
- WOW! This Malayalam Actor To Be A Part Of Mani Ratnam's Next Movie
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Mani Rathnam, the celebrated filmmaker announced that there are no plans of directing a Tamil film as such for the next two years. His next film would also be in Hindi only, so that it can be dubbed into Tamil. His latest offering Guru completed 50 days 'successfully' in a mini theater at Inox. Mani visited the theater on this 'eve' and spoke out to the press persons invited for the same. According to Mani, it is not an easy job to pull the people to the Cinema halls with classic films only. But he accepted that his film Guru has not turned out to be a crowd puller. When asked about the story of Guru, he did not agree to the similarities between the reel and real.
When a media person asked whether he would send Guru for Oscar nominations, Mani categorically said, 'no'. According to him, 'The Oscar are the parameter set by the Americans for Hollywood films. They give this award in only one category to films from other countries. I have come to know that the Oscar award mittee was not even ready to consider Indian films for the preliminary rounds. So there is no point in targeting Oscar. And there is no meaning in blaming them also. They don't know about our culture, history and customs...' Mani pushed aside all gossips about his next film with either Kamal or the Super Star Rajini. 'In fact I didn't imagine these things. It is the media that created the hype for a utopian theme', he told.
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Wedding Bells for Vasanthabalan
Two cases against Paruthi Veeran