TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
National award winning lyricist and poet Pa. Vijay will be making his debut as a hero with Kalaignar's Thai Kaviyam, based on the famous Russian revolutionary writer Maxim Gorky's "The Mother". Few years back, Gorky's novel was translated into Tamil by Chief Minister M K Karunanidhi and the same was being published in a weekly for more than a year. Now Kalaignar has been scripted the same story for a movie titled 'Thai Kaviyam'. Gorky's book has titled in Tamil as 'Thai'.
Kalaignar's favourite poet Pa. Vijay is playing in the role of Powel, the hero of Gorky's novel. It may be recalled that Kalaignar conferred the title Vithaga Kavingar on the poet a couple of years ago. Bali Srirangam, a debutante, will be directing the film. The film will be formally launched by Karunanidhi at his residence on October 20, after which the shooting will start.
Pa. Vijay says media persons in a press meet held at Chennai on this film's launch, "Many times my friends and some of the directors have compelled me to act in their movies. But I never wanted to act because as a lyricist I'm doing my job and that enough for me. But now, I'm very proud to be in the lead role of Dr. Kalaignar's script." It is the very first time after Kaviyarasu Kannadasan, a poet plays in the lead role in a feature film.