TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
National award winning lyricist and poet Pa. Vijay will be making his debut as a hero with Kalaignar's Thai Kaviyam, based on the famous Russian revolutionary writer Maxim Gorky's "The Mother". Few years back, Gorky's novel was translated into Tamil by Chief Minister M K Karunanidhi and the same was being published in a weekly for more than a year. Now Kalaignar has been scripted the same story for a movie titled 'Thai Kaviyam'. Gorky's book has titled in Tamil as 'Thai'.
Kalaignar's favourite poet Pa. Vijay is playing in the role of Powel, the hero of Gorky's novel. It may be recalled that Kalaignar conferred the title Vithaga Kavingar on the poet a couple of years ago. Bali Srirangam, a debutante, will be directing the film. The film will be formally launched by Karunanidhi at his residence on October 20, after which the shooting will start.
Pa. Vijay says media persons in a press meet held at Chennai on this film's launch, "Many times my friends and some of the directors have compelled me to act in their movies. But I never wanted to act because as a lyricist I'm doing my job and that enough for me. But now, I'm very proud to be in the lead role of Dr. Kalaignar's script." It is the very first time after Kaviyarasu Kannadasan, a poet plays in the lead role in a feature film.