TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Padmapriya has signed a new film in Tamil after the big controversy with Mirugam director Saamy. The actress will play lead role against Action King Arjun in film 'Durai', directed by A Venkatesh, a director known for his commercial success. Produced by Thenappan PL, Durai is the first ever big commercial movie signed by the actress in her career in Tamil.
Arjun's favourite comedy partner Vadivelu and music director D Imman are also part of the project. The composer is planning to remix one of the super hit songs of Maestro Illayaraaja "Raaja… Raajathi Rajanintha Raaja…" (From Agni Nakshathiram) for this film.
But what has surprised many people in the industry is the casting of Padmapriya in an Arjun entertainer, where glamour and comedy are important factors. Padmapriya is known for her girl-next-door image and the Tamil commercial film makers had dismissed her off saying that she lacked the attractive sketch.
But the director says, "I think Padmapriya is the right choice for this story. I hope she will do the justice to her role…" The Shooting of the movie will start from Tomorrow at Ulundurpet.