TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Padmapriya has signed a new film in Tamil after the big controversy with Mirugam director Saamy. The actress will play lead role against Action King Arjun in film 'Durai', directed by A Venkatesh, a director known for his commercial success. Produced by Thenappan PL, Durai is the first ever big commercial movie signed by the actress in her career in Tamil.
Arjun's favourite comedy partner Vadivelu and music director D Imman are also part of the project. The composer is planning to remix one of the super hit songs of Maestro Illayaraaja "Raaja… Raajathi Rajanintha Raaja…" (From Agni Nakshathiram) for this film.
But what has surprised many people in the industry is the casting of Padmapriya in an Arjun entertainer, where glamour and comedy are important factors. Padmapriya is known for her girl-next-door image and the Tamil commercial film makers had dismissed her off saying that she lacked the attractive sketch.
But the director says, "I think Padmapriya is the right choice for this story. I hope she will do the justice to her role…" The Shooting of the movie will start from Tomorrow at Ulundurpet.