TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- Thrilling Activities To Do In Bangalore
- 7 Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Pasumai Thayagam, a socio-environmental organisation headed by Union Health Minister Dr Anbumani Ramadoss has urged the leading actors of Tamil Cinema including Ajith, Simbu and Vikram not to smoke on screen in future.
This appeal has come after the announcement of top hero Vijay that he would not appear in any smoking scenes in his future projects. Pasumai Thayagam, an important wing of Pattalai Makkal Katchi in the state has made an appeal to prominent actors in Tamil cinema to go the same way of Rajini and Vijay.
According to the press release of the organization, young actors like Ajith and Simbu have always been appearing with cigarettes in their films. This should be avoided in future. It may be recalled that super star Rajinikanth gave away the smoking scenes in his previous films Chandramukhi and Sivaji only after the public appeal of Dr Anbumani Ramadoss