TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Pasumai Thayagam, a socio-environmental organisation headed by Union Health Minister Dr Anbumani Ramadoss has urged the leading actors of Tamil Cinema including Ajith, Simbu and Vikram not to smoke on screen in future.
This appeal has come after the announcement of top hero Vijay that he would not appear in any smoking scenes in his future projects. Pasumai Thayagam, an important wing of Pattalai Makkal Katchi in the state has made an appeal to prominent actors in Tamil cinema to go the same way of Rajini and Vijay.
According to the press release of the organization, young actors like Ajith and Simbu have always been appearing with cigarettes in their films. This should be avoided in future. It may be recalled that super star Rajinikanth gave away the smoking scenes in his previous films Chandramukhi and Sivaji only after the public appeal of Dr Anbumani Ramadoss