TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Sathyaraj's prestigious film Periyar and the Parthiban Bharathi film Ammuvagiya Naan have been selected for screening at the International Film Festival in Goa. The festival will be held on 23 rd November to 3rd December. There are 23 films selected from various languages for the Indian Panorama section including Periyar and Ammuvagiya Naan. A five-member panel, headed by director K Sethumadhavan, selected all the 23 films from 119 feature films that had entered the contest.
The Government of Tamilnadu has financially aided to the film Periyar, which was originally produced by Liberty Creations, the cinema wing of Dravidar Kazhagam. Ammuvagiya Naan is a medium budget film directed by Padma Magan with different script. The story revolves around the tears and joy of a prostitute who gets married with a writer. Both the films will also be screened in other international film festivals abroad as official entries of the Indian Panorama section.