TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Sathyaraj's prestigious film Periyar and the Parthiban Bharathi film Ammuvagiya Naan have been selected for screening at the International Film Festival in Goa. The festival will be held on 23 rd November to 3rd December. There are 23 films selected from various languages for the Indian Panorama section including Periyar and Ammuvagiya Naan. A five-member panel, headed by director K Sethumadhavan, selected all the 23 films from 119 feature films that had entered the contest.
The Government of Tamilnadu has financially aided to the film Periyar, which was originally produced by Liberty Creations, the cinema wing of Dravidar Kazhagam. Ammuvagiya Naan is a medium budget film directed by Padma Magan with different script. The story revolves around the tears and joy of a prostitute who gets married with a writer. Both the films will also be screened in other international film festivals abroad as official entries of the Indian Panorama section.