TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Thursday, February 15, 2007
The debate that started when the Tamilnadu govt allotted a 95 lakhs grant towards the making of Periyar, has still not died down.The opposers thought Periyar would get caught with the "Censor scissors" but the Censor board didnt object to any part of the film. Many comments are made in Periyar about God, justified ones at that. Vairamuthu's lyrics for the songs are also under scrutiny. All these were expected to be axed by the Censor but without any casualty, Periyar has been given a 'U' certificate.
"The Censor did not edit any scene or dialogue. None of the members objected to any of the lyrics either. The film will be released without any edition at all," says director Gnanarajasekaran happily. Extremist Hindu groups have vowed to stage demonstrations outside films screening Periyar. "If they do so, we welcome it. We will save expenses on publicity!" says Kazhagam chief K Veeramani So, the after release story of Periyar will continue to be interesting!