TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Periyar, the most controversial film of the year about the most controversial man ever is finally getting ready to hit the screens. The producer of the film, Liberty creations, has announced that the film will be released worldwide on May 25th. Sources said the date will be finalized by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M.Karunanithi. Very recently, he had watched the movie at the Four Frames Theater and had instructed the director to do some final corrections also. All the necessary corrections are being carried forward by the crew.
Satyaraj will be starring in the roll of Periyar, while Kushboo and Jyothirmayee play the lead ladies as Maniyammai and Nagammai respectively. It is the dream project of Gnanarajasekaran who directed the film amidst outpouring of controversies.
Few days ago, the film passed through the censors and was given a clean U certificate without a single cut. The film has been dubbed in other Indian languages apart from its international versions in French, German, Latin and English. K. Saminathan, the Executive producer of the film announced this in his statement to the press.
Meanwhile The President of Dravidar Kazhgam and Patron for the film K.Veeramani said that he would give the complete details about the expenditure incurred in the making of the movie, shortly to the CM. One can remember the financial aid of about Rs.95 lakhs, and a tax free announcement by the government for the film recently.