TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala Protest Updates: "We Won't Return Until We See Lord Ayyappa", Says Trupti Desai
- Jio GigaFiber: List Of States In Which It Will Be Launched
- #SocialForGood For Mental Health Awareness
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- IPL 2019: Check Out The Full Squad Update
- New Jawa Perak Bobber First Look Review
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Gripping Facts About Jodhpur That Might Leave You In Awe
Thursday, March 15, 2007
"I had said no from the beginning. Now it has happened just as I had feared," laments Pooja repeatedly. What could the matter be? Pooja had recently acted in a Sinhalese film Anjalika. The film was a super hit. The people were enchanted by Pooja. She acted in another Sinhalese film and this added to her popularity. Having been elevated to the status of a goddess, her fans asked her permission to build a temple for her. Pooja refused permission saying, "In Tamilnadu also, a temple was built for an actress named Khushboo. It was demolished so why invite trouble?"
When did devotees listen to god or goddess? Her fans went ahead and built a temple at a place called Negampo near Colombo. It is not known if pooja or abhishekam took place there. But someone clearly not in favor of the temple built for Pooja, bombed and destroyed the temple. This naturally upset Pooja's fans. That's why Pooja is upset that despite advising against building the temple, her fans had gone ahead and now it lay in ruins.