TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Shakthi Chidambaram has changed the title of his forthcoming film Porukki as Mahamagam. Earlier the director temporarily changed the title as Athiruthilla. But the hero and the director weren't convinced with this title.
Mahamagam stars with Sundar C and debutant Ragini in the lead roles. Yesteryear heroine Nadhiya is playing in her first prominent role after Thamirabarani. The director said in a press release that the movie is set in Kumbakonam, a place familiar with the grand festival of Mahamagam which takes place there once in a decade. Hence the director has chosen the title.
The movie was originally titled as Porukki, but following the strict order from the Govt of Tamil Nadu that films titles which go against the Tamil culture will not be entitled for tax exemption, the director changed the title.