TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Everything You Need To Know: 10 GB RAM, 5G Support And More
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Method Of Performing Ayudha Pooja
- Raj Thackeray Reacts To Tanushree Dutta's Allegations: Nana Is Indecent, But Can't Do Such A Thing
- BMW Unveils Their All-New X7 SUV — The First Seven-Seater BMW In History
- Danish Kaneria Admits Guilt After Six Years Of Denial In Essex Fixing Case
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Shakthi Chidambaram has changed the title of his forthcoming film Porukki as Mahamagam. Earlier the director temporarily changed the title as Athiruthilla. But the hero and the director weren't convinced with this title.
Mahamagam stars with Sundar C and debutant Ragini in the lead roles. Yesteryear heroine Nadhiya is playing in her first prominent role after Thamirabarani. The director said in a press release that the movie is set in Kumbakonam, a place familiar with the grand festival of Mahamagam which takes place there once in a decade. Hence the director has chosen the title.
The movie was originally titled as Porukki, but following the strict order from the Govt of Tamil Nadu that films titles which go against the Tamil culture will not be entitled for tax exemption, the director changed the title.