TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Don't assume anything after reading the headline. Priyamani has been chosen to light the traditional Kuthuvilakku at the prestigious International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa starting November 23 along with the 'Bollywood Baadshah' Shahrukh Khan! (We hope it may be her route to Bollywood, apart her being talented enough to get there.)
For Priyamani, it is a big honour and good recognition that she is getting for her excellent career. This honour has been given to her for her performance in Paruthiveeran, which got her the best actress award at 9th Osian Cinefan Awards, which were held in New Delhi. The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, which recommended her name in the south Indian actor category, after Tamil superstar Rajinikanth politely refused to inaugurate the function.
After hearing the good news, Priyamani couldn't believe it. After confirming the news, she immediately shared her joy with all her friends and director Ameer who is the reason for her success. Priyamani said: "For most of the actors, it is a dream to share the stage with Shahrukh, the King Khan of Bollywood. It is really a great honour to be chosen to light the lamp at Goa IFFI and that too representing south cinema in the place of the super star."