TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Priyamani at a film functionstrongly criticized that the Tamil producers for neglecting Tamil girls like her and giving chance to Mumbai models or Kerala actors only.
'Being a Tamil girl, I would always like to acting in my mother tongue. But who gives chances to Tamil girls like me. Director Bharathiraja introduced me in his film Kangalala Kaithu Sei after which I got a chance in Balu Magendra's Adhu Oru Kanakkalam. Film critics hailed these films and appreciated my acting skills. But there were no offers from the others. Director Ameer recognized me and gave such a crucial role in Paruthi Veeran. But in Telugu I got chances regularly. After the hit of Paruthi Veeran only, I got many offers from Tamil filmmakers. But I have already committed to some Telugu films. At present I have accepted only two Tamil projects...' she told spontaneously.
According to this actor, filmmakers should gives priorities to the actors and actresses from the same language. Acting with a knowledge of the language would make the character more impressive. 'How can one expect meaningful acting from a person anonymous to this language?' She asked.
In Telugu also Priyamani does not need any dubbing artist as she can dub for her own.
Will the Tamil directors give more opportunities to the Tamil girls?