- Who Said Celebrities Can't Be Friends? Priyamani & Parul Yadav Will Prove You Wrong!
- FILMIBEAT EXCLUSIVE! Check Out Priyamani's Wedding Video!
- South Indian Actress Priyamani To Get Married To Industrialist Mustafa Raj Today, August 23!
- Sonia Agarwal & Priyamani Confirmed For Ravichandran's Dasharatha
- Chowka Gets A Release Date
- Duniya Vijay's Dana Kayonu Gearing Up For Dasara Release
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Priyamani at a film functionstrongly criticized that the Tamil producers for neglecting Tamil girls like her and giving chance to Mumbai models or Kerala actors only.
'Being a Tamil girl, I would always like to acting in my mother tongue. But who gives chances to Tamil girls like me. Director Bharathiraja introduced me in his film Kangalala Kaithu Sei after which I got a chance in Balu Magendra's Adhu Oru Kanakkalam. Film critics hailed these films and appreciated my acting skills. But there were no offers from the others. Director Ameer recognized me and gave such a crucial role in Paruthi Veeran. But in Telugu I got chances regularly. After the hit of Paruthi Veeran only, I got many offers from Tamil filmmakers. But I have already committed to some Telugu films. At present I have accepted only two Tamil projects...' she told spontaneously.
According to this actor, filmmakers should gives priorities to the actors and actresses from the same language. Acting with a knowledge of the language would make the character more impressive. 'How can one expect meaningful acting from a person anonymous to this language?' She asked.
In Telugu also Priyamani does not need any dubbing artist as she can dub for her own.
Will the Tamil directors give more opportunities to the Tamil girls?