TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, October 01, 2007
The entire Tamil film Industry is backing the DMK called hunger strike today. The strike was called against stopping the Sethu Samudram Project work. The project has been Tamilnadu"s dream project. Recently there has been opposition to the project as Hindus claim that it is the bridge built by Rama. The project is opposed by the BJP. Both parties for and against the project have been under protest for their causes.
The ruling DMK announced that, to protest the delay of the project, they will call for a bandh across Tamilnadu - an order which was quashed by the Supreme Court. In protest of this order, they have organised a hunger strike. But there will be an unofficial bandh across the state in support of the party and its protest.
Since the State Govt. has called for the bandh, the Producers Council decided to comply and cancel all shooting activity from 6 AM to 6 PM. Cinema halls too will not screen films during this time. However actor politicians like Sarah Kumar (The president of the Actors association) and Vijaykanth, protested against the issue. Once they head that the Producers Council supported the bandh, Sarath Kumar kept quiet over the issue.