TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, October 26, 2007
Malayalam heroines are known to migrate to Tamil film to make it bigger and also to rake in the big bucks. The list is long - Gopika, Meera Jasmine, Asin, Nayantara, Bhavana, Karthika, Kavya Madhavan and more. These were successful and are now getting better pay cheques than their male counter parts. Asin tops this list with a take home pay of 45 lakhs. Looking at it this way, they are gaining something with the movie to Tamil Cinema but there still are something that they don"t get that they get back home in Kerala.
Not only is the shift to Tamil Cinema a trend – this has been happening with Kannada and Telugu film too. Ramya Nambeesan is the latest of this brood to join in. She made her a good debut in Chocolate, which was a success. The role has got her a role with Cheran in his new film Thediya Seethai. Kodambakkam director Jeganji will direct this film. She will then move on to another film by a leading production house. Cheran on the other hand will pursue another directorial venture after the film.