- WOW! Superstar Rajinikanth Has Praises For Aramm!
- Oh No! Velaikkaran Movie Release Postponed
- Nivin Pauly Is One Lucky Actor... But Why?
- CONFIRMED: Nivin Pauly-Nayantara's Love Action Drama Is Not A Remake
- WOW! Nivin Pauly & Nayantara As 'Vadakkunokkiyanthram' Characters
- Mollywood Retake: What If Kamal Haasan's Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu Is Remade In Malayalam?
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, October 26, 2007
Malayalam heroines are known to migrate to Tamil film to make it bigger and also to rake in the big bucks. The list is long - Gopika, Meera Jasmine, Asin, Nayantara, Bhavana, Karthika, Kavya Madhavan and more. These were successful and are now getting better pay cheques than their male counter parts. Asin tops this list with a take home pay of 45 lakhs. Looking at it this way, they are gaining something with the movie to Tamil Cinema but there still are something that they don"t get that they get back home in Kerala.
Not only is the shift to Tamil Cinema a trend – this has been happening with Kannada and Telugu film too. Ramya Nambeesan is the latest of this brood to join in. She made her a good debut in Chocolate, which was a success. The role has got her a role with Cheran in his new film Thediya Seethai. Kodambakkam director Jeganji will direct this film. She will then move on to another film by a leading production house. Cheran on the other hand will pursue another directorial venture after the film.