TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
It will be a big weekend for Tamil film industry. November 30th is not a festival or a special day, but Tamil producers have prepareed to release their 4 big films on the day! Jeeva and Arya, the two young upcoming Tamil film industry heroes on the battle as their Rameshwaram and Oram Po, respectively, are releasing along with Thangar Bachchan's off-beat Sathyaraj film Onbathu Roopai Nottu, and new director hero Jailani's Kelvikuri.
Oram Po is the only release of Arya after his 2006 Diwali release Vattaram, which was not turned well in the box office. As the young man was caught up with Baala's Naan Kadavul for almost more than a year, he couldn't find a release for a long period. Though the film Oram Po has been completed nearly 5 months before, the producers could not release due to their financial problems. Now, for Arya everything depends on Oram Po, which is said to be a different kind of commercial film.
The newly wedded Jeeva is now in a need of a hit to sustain him in the race of Tamil film industry. His last release Katrathu Tamil was not a producer – distributor delight. Now, what increased the worries of Jeeva is, the next one Rameshwaram also an off beat film like Katrathu Tamil.
Thangar Bachchan's off-beat 'Onbathu Roopai Nottu' has Sathyaraj playing an old man Madhava Padayatchi, a real life character and he is said to be brilliant. The film will have a limited release.
There is no high expectation for Jailani's Kelvikuri. As the genre of the film is suspense thriller with sexy item numbers, the director expects young audience to sustain the film at least for two weeks in the race!
Hope, at least the post Diwali releases may turn well to the producers!