TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Ace director Shankar has launched his own audio company 'S Music', a subsidiary of his production company S Pictures on Friday. S Music's first album Kaloori, the sound track of the film directed by Balaji Sakthivel, was released by AR Rehman at Green Park in Chennai. Leading Tamil directors Mani Ratnam, Bharathiraja, Balu Mahendra, Ameer, Vasantha Balan, Simbudevan, Lingusamy, Thankar Bachchan, Radha Mohan, and others including actor Prakash Raj, lyricist Na. Muthukumar, music director Joshua Sridhar were attended the event.
New face Akil and Tamanna plays the lead roles in Kallori. Most of the directors predicted that the boy is going to go places like, Shankar's earlier discovery and Balaji's Kadhal hero Bharat. Parthiban was the anchor for the show. He went back to the roots of all the directors on stage and told funny stories and shares humorous instances about them.
AR Rehman sat with a smile throughout the 2 hours 45 minutes function, as director after director along with the anchor Parthiban went nostalgic. Mani Ratnam made his longest ever speech of 3 minutes and 15 seconds! He said that Tamil directors and technicians are miles away from Bollywood. But he accepted that our directors are technically far ahead from other south filmdom.