TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Saami, the director who brought the film Mirugam as centre of attraction in the media for the past four days says that there was nothing wrong on him in Padmapriya case.
After conveyed his apology for slapping Padmapriya, Saami spoke to our correspondent yesterday. He says: "I never found any mistake on my side. It will happen to any director or actress while in the work. But the important thing is, Padmapriya's sexual harassment allegation has proved as a false one. Many have never known about the nature of this actress. She is such an adamant and rough in nature. She always tries to project herself as more than a director. Now the council has allowed me to complete the film. Most of the scenes involving Padmapriya were already shot. I'm ready to even work with the actress only in the motive of completing the film..."
Saami ruled out any action against the actress for her false sex allegation on him and he has refused to comment the ban imposed by the council.
"Any body can level such allegations on any body. Unfortunately our law also helpful to these people only..." Saami further says.
It may be recalled that in the early days it has been quite normal in the film industry that an actor or actress to get physically assaulted by some of the ace directors like Bharathiraaja and Balachander. Actors like Bhagyaraj, Pandian, Rathi Agnihothri, Radhika and Revathi have been slapped or knocked by Bharathiraaja when they came to him as debutants. K.Balachander known to hit his actors with a towel when they could not performed up to his expectations. But it was considered as a blessing and learning process then to get slapped by such 'gurus'. But today, most of the debutants are well educated and they have their own choices and preferences.