TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- 8 Factors That Are Weighing On The Indian Economy Today
- Airtel Likely To Launch VoLTE Smartphones Under Rs. 2,500
- Nissan Kicks Interiors Revealed
- Virushka's First Wedding Anniversary: Virat Has This To Say!
- Gauri Khan's Floral Lehenga
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, November 19, 2007
Actress Sruthi Raj was saved from the turbulent tide yesterday at Chennai while she was shooting for Sanjay Ram's Iyakkam. Sruthi Raj, who acted in movies including Kathal Dot Com, Mandhiran and Jerry, is now acting in Iyakkam and two more films in Tamil. While she was shooting for Iyakkam at the coastal area of Neelankarai, the sea was very rough with turbulent waves.
The director wanted to shoot the film in a natural setting. So the actress also co operated with the unit and went close to the tides. Suddenly she was washed ashore by a huge wave. Sruthi Raj had almost lost her control but was fortunately saved by the local fishermen, who pulled her out of sea. She was rushed to a hospital immediately and the shooting was called off for the day. Sruthi Raj, according to the hospital sources, is now out of danger.