TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, July 09, 2007
The Sathyabama University of Chennai has announced honorary doctorate to Actor Sathyaraj and composer Deva today.
The veterans will be felicitated at a function to be held at the premises of the University on 11th July. The Founder and Chancellor of the University, Jappiyar has announced that he would honour at least 100 film personalities with this award.
Sathyaraj, known for his versatile acting has completed more than 200 films. The performance of the actor in his recently released film Periyar has earned him lots of accolades.
Deva was initially known as the composer of some Gana or Kuthu songs. Later, he transformed himself slowly to good music composer. So far, he had completed more than 400 films within 20 years. After Ilayaraja, he is the only musician who has crossed 400 films in a short span of career.
The Sathyabama University has already awarded film personalities including Bharathiraja, AVM.Saravanan, K.Balachander, Kamal Hassan and Panorama in the past.