TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, April 27, 2007
Sathyaraj will be acting in a father's role in the film Kanna Moochi Enada directed by Priya V. Sathyaraj, till now has played young roles and romances with teen heroines. At a time when his son is making his mark as a young hero in Kollywood, Sathyaraj still prefers to do the hero's role in Tamil cinema. In the film 'Kovai Brothers', both the father and the son act as friends but the senior undoubtedly steals the show.
Tamil cinema is now under the grip of young heroes. But Sathyaraj isn't ready to step down from his position as a hero even after crossing the age of 50. Two years ago, when Director Shankar approached Sathyaraj for the villain's role in Shivaji, the actor refused to accept the offer.But now it time for a change in his career. For the first time, he has accepted to act in a father's role for Prithviraj in Kanna Moochi Enada.
When asking about his decision to act in the role, Sathyaraj said, 'I liked the script very much and there is a scope to perform and overtake the hero also. I don't really mean surpassing the hero. But the character is portrayed in such a way. That is the only reason for me to act in this film. This is not a new role for me. I'm already acting in a film Vambu Sandai in which Uday Kiran will be performing the hero's role along with me...'
Stunning looks of Sruthi Kamal Hassan
Parattai... A big disappointment!