TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, March 26, 2007
Sheela, one of the upcoming actresses in Tamil cinema is now happy with the way her film graph has shot up recently. Day by day it is going upwards and is now spread over all other southern languages. The child- artist- turned- heroine from the soil of Andhra, who only had a handful of films in Tamil and Telugu, has now got calls from Bengalooru also for Kannada movies. Her forthcoming films include Veda, Kanna and Cheena Thaana in Tamil and a couple of othe movies, including one directed by Puri Jaganath in Telugu. Talks are going on for her to act in a Malayalam movie also.
Her Chenna Thaana is remake of Malayalam hit CID Moosa. Similarly she plays the lead role in the Telugu remake of Tamil blockbuster Chithiram Pesuthadi. In Cheena Thaana, there is one seductive song with actor Prasanna. The director had planned for any of the item girls to perform for that song along with Sheela. But she refused, and came forward to perform the same all by herself. She also has an explanation for her decision:
'Already there are two heroes in that film. I know my role is a limited one. If we had allow an item girl to perform that dance number, viewers might forget about the heroine. That is the reason. Whatever the role, an artist should fit in nicely, and make the viewers enjoy the movie.'
Now one can understand the reason why chances are pouring in for Sheela only.