TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rajasthan Assembly Elections 2018: Re-polling Underway At A Single Booth In Karanpur
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK And Aamir Steal The Show!
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5 — India Wins By 31 Runs
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- Deepika Padukone's Contemporary Red Sari Should Be Your Next Cocktail Party Wear
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, July 23, 2007
Here is the story of yet another movie which affected by the Shivaji tsunami. The film is Arya, a Madhavan- Bhavana starrer, the release of which has been pushed back from July 27 to August 3. There are many reasons behind the delay in the release of this film produced by Manoj Kumar. Initially, the film's release was postponed due to a financial crisis. Now, as per the version of the producer, it is due to lack of availablility of good theaters.
Till date, Shivaji has been occupying most of the theaters in the city and the suburban areas. A few days ago, it was expected that Kreedom might calm down the Shivaji mania. But on the contrary, the audiences, disappointed with the Ajith starrer, are making a beeline for Shivaji.
In many multiplexes, Shivaji and Kreedom are being shown in the same theaters. But after the disappointment with Kreedom, most of the fans are preferring to watch the superstar's film again and again to avoid getting bored. On Aug 2nd, Shivaji will celebrate its 50 th day of successful running in more than 36 theaters in and around the Chennai city. After the 50th day of the film, some theaters might reduce the number of shows of Shivaji. This would be pave the way for new films like Arya. Making a calculated move, Manoj Kumar, the producer of Arya, has postponed the movie's release to Aug 3.
Arya is a racy and spicy entertainer, directed by Balasekharan of Love Today fame. Mani Sharma has scored the music.