TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
The way re-makes are being made in Tamil from Malayalam and Telugu films, one would think there's a dearth of stories in Tamil films.
Pokkiri is getting released for Pongal. It is a re-make of the Telugu Pokkiri. For his part, Ajith is acting in Kireetam, re-make of a Malayalam film of the same name starring Mohanlal that got him a national award.
Now, we have Sundar C acting in a Malayalam re-make of Spatikam where Mohanlal play the role of a truck driver. His father is a strict mathematics teacher. Excess of control wielded by his father, makes Mohanlal grow up into a rowdy. Whether father and son reconcile in the end forms the rest of the story.
Mohanlal's co-stars in the film were Urvashi as his schoolmate and Silk Smitha as his lady love.
The film has no duets. The Tamil version is being directed by Sundar C's assistant Badri. Gopika does the role played by Urvashi.
What fans relished in Spatikam was Mohanlal's fighting style. He would remove his dhoti, cover his opponent's face and then thrash him out! That seems to have gone down well with the audience at that time.