TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
CM Karunanidhi's poetic sense is well known. His poems are regularly featured in Murasoli, the morning daily. His poetry has an audience among Tamilians, especially tamilian politicians. He is known to use his poetry to hit out at his detractors. Most of the time the focus of his poems are his political enemies. It very rare for him to actually write a poem in praise of another person.
Superstar Rajinikanth is one of the few people who have been bestowed that honour. Just like he won over the hearts of millions of people worldwide he has also won over the CM's heart – so much so that Karunanidhi has written a poem about him.
The poem talks about the Superstar saying:
"Rajini is a one-in-a-million person that you'd find in this world full of selfish and jealous people.
It is not possible to fathom the kindness that Rajini has
He is a man of honesty, generosity, good character and is very proud of his culture
It is my pleasure to know him as a friend."
Recently Rajinikanth watched a special screening of the film Periyar at the Four Frames preview theatre. After watching the movie, he said that he is in awe of the legacy of Thanthai Periyar. Karunanidhi also mentioned this in his poem about the Superstar. He wrote, "I am very happy that Rajini, the King of Indian Cinema, watched Periyar."