TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
In his appeal, he has sought to restrict the number of prints supplied for a film per area. According to him, just because of money minting motive some big producers have released a film in more screens in an area. Bachan told that that system would destroy the small producers like him. "One print per area is the right methodology" he said.
Secondly, he has urged the CM to construct public auditoriums like Kalaivaanar Arangam in all the medium and small towns, which will help small producers a lot. "There are government auditoriums in places like Vellore and Kanchipuram. These auditoriums are being used for various purposes. Some times film projection are also done in these halls. Instead of this the government should ordered the concerned directorate to projecting films for a considerable period in a year…" Thankar told in his memorandum.
Thankar came out with this memorandum after his bitter experience with the release of his recent film Onbathu Roobai Nottu. Though the film has won rave reviews from media and public, no distributors or exhibitors came forward to release the film in their areas. Some have commented that they were not mad to exhibit 'a poor film on an aged couples'. When Thankar prepared himself for a big protest against this unwritten rule of the distributors, Pyramid Saimira came forward to give 100 theaters to project his film freely for a show. (This corporate entertainment company only controls 400 theaters in the state!)
After submitting the memorandum Thankar told, "Being a person from the cinema world, our Chief Minister can understand the depth of appeal. He also assured me to do something to solve the issues. I hope a lot on him…"