TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
"If people refuse to watch good Tamil films, then we will beat the viewers and make them to watch good movies. It's our duty to the society and none can prevent us." This is what Thankar Bachan said at the audio launch of his new film Onbathu Roopai Nottu. It is not a surprise for people who are well informed about the kind of person that he is.
In his speech after the launch of the audio CD yesterday, Thankar said: "We are sons of the soil. We are here to rediscover our identities and save our culture from this so-called modernization. Many times I have ashamed to be here as an average cinema technician with out doing anything about it. I have decided to create a movement to make the viewers to watch good movies. If they rejected, we will force them, if need even beat them to watch decent films made by Tamil directors like me and Seeman…"
"For filmmakers like me, Bharathiraja is the forerunner and our guru. He is the beginning of many good things in the past. But after a while, I had stopped watching Bharathiraja's films because he too was not focusing on Tamil culture in his recent films. He too advocates for modern culture." Bharathiraja silently watched while Thankar said these things. Thankar told further.