TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
"If people refuse to watch good Tamil films, then we will beat the viewers and make them to watch good movies. It's our duty to the society and none can prevent us." This is what Thankar Bachan said at the audio launch of his new film Onbathu Roopai Nottu. It is not a surprise for people who are well informed about the kind of person that he is.
In his speech after the launch of the audio CD yesterday, Thankar said: "We are sons of the soil. We are here to rediscover our identities and save our culture from this so-called modernization. Many times I have ashamed to be here as an average cinema technician with out doing anything about it. I have decided to create a movement to make the viewers to watch good movies. If they rejected, we will force them, if need even beat them to watch decent films made by Tamil directors like me and Seeman…"
"For filmmakers like me, Bharathiraja is the forerunner and our guru. He is the beginning of many good things in the past. But after a while, I had stopped watching Bharathiraja's films because he too was not focusing on Tamil culture in his recent films. He too advocates for modern culture." Bharathiraja silently watched while Thankar said these things. Thankar told further.