TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Vishal starrer Malaikottai has toppled Arjun's Maruthamalai at the box office this week. The film, in which young action hero Vishal tries both comedy and action, has got a good opening. The actor's last two films were duds at the box office but it looks like the Action King may recapture the top slot soon. The top five Tamil films of the week are:
1. Malaikottai - Director: Bhoopathy Pandiyan. Though the film got a decent opening and tops this list for now, almost all critics have panned it. Vishal has done well playing his first comedy role. Priyamani, after her excellent performance in Paruthiveeran, is just a glamour doll here.
2. Maruthamalai - Director: Suraj. Maruthamalai is another mass masala film that is doing well at the box office. Compared to Vishal, Action King Arjun has proved his superiority and experience in both action and comedy scenes.
3. Shivaji-The Boss - Director: Shankar. The Rajinikanth-starrer has crossed the 100-day mark and now filmmakers are just waiting for it to cross the next milestone. Still the film is running in 7 screens in the City and 5 screens in the suburban areas.
4. Nam Naadu - Director: Suresh. The Malayalam remake of Dileep starred Lion has a long star cast including Sarath Kumar, Nasser and Karthika. Sarath made this film so that it will be the perfect launch pad for his new political party. But the film didn"t make profits at th Box Office.
5. Udambu Eppadi Irukku? - Director: Jeevitha Rajashekar. This is also a remake of Dileep's Lion. But the film was first remade in Telugu and later dubbed into Tamil. But the director has changed few scenes intelligently as per the taste of Tamils and got a separate censor certificate too. In few scenes the film does better than Nam Naadu, the other remake of Lion!