TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, July 26, 2007
All directors have their own reasons and logic behind the names that they choose for their films. It seems that director Venkat Prabhu has stuck with the logic of always having a number in the title of his films. His directorial debut Chennai 600028 was a massive hit. In sticking with the success formula, he has titled his next directorial venture including a number in the title – Desiya Neduchalai 47.
What is interesting is that an advertisement came out in the newspapers announcing that a film with the same title - Desiya Nedunchalai 47 - in which Dhanush was to act. So did Venkat get the title from Dhanush before making this announcement?
Interesting, don’t you think? When we asked him what was behind the numbers in the titles of his first two films, he said in jest, “It may be wrong to be fond of woman but there is nothing wrong with being fond of numbers.” He added, “After Chennai 600028 turned out to be a runaway hit, I got many offers. I didn’t settle for any of the offers because none of the stories were good enough. I’d like to maintain a certain uniqueness in my films.”
Revealing more about his next project, he said, ”I have a good friend in producer Charan. In this film too, I will use new faces for all roles in the film – for the lead roles too. Two people who will be a part of the project are Yuvan Shankar Raja – who will do the music for the film – and cameraman Shakti Sravanan.” He said that he also plans for a film with Ajith later this year. Nothing about the film has been finalized yet.