TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
When Kamalhasan began looking for a heroine for his new film Dasavathaaram, he was seriously considering Vidhya Balan. But she had refused the offer, or so the rumors go. Finally the actress was in a mood to talk about the reason why she had refused it.
She says, 'I was the initial choice for 'Run'. They had even conducted a photo-session with me. But, for some mysterious reason, they removed me and brought Meera Jasmine in. Then, I was offered Manasellaam. We completed the first schedule. But when the second schedule began, they told me that I was not photogenic enough and removed me. Later, Trisha was brought in as the heroine. Ironically, I'm a model who was known for my photogenic looks.
"Before these happened, I was signed up for Chakram. Mohanlal was supposed to be the hero. Photo sessions were conducted. I became known all over Kerala as the heroine of the film. Then, Mohanlal walked out. And before I knew, I was removed too. Meera Jasmine became the heroine of this film too.
"I received offer to star in Dasavathaaram. Kamalhasan is a favorite actor of mine. But ever since my Bollywood film Parineetha got released, I had become very popular. I now have plenty of offers in Hindi and many ad films. That was why I couldn't accept this offer," she clarified.
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Khushboo stays out of trouble
Arya drives auto, Priya Mani sells biriyani