TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Just thinking about Vijay under Thankar Bachan"s direction is a dream. Soon this dream will become true. Yes… the box office Prince Vijay, will act in a Thankar Bachan directed film. Vijay himself announced this at the audio launch function of Thankar's Onbathu Roopai Nottu, which held yesterday at Karnataka Sabha, Chennai.
Onbathu Roopai Nottu is based on a novel written by Thankar Bachchan in which he has written about his life and the loss of pain in his family life. Sathyaraj Archana will play the lead roles. Nasser too plays an important character in this film. Originally Thankar has planned to release this movie during Diwali but due to non-availability of good theaters he made do with the release of only its audio.
The function was a star-studded affair with Vijay, veteran director Bharathiraja, Mani Ratnam, producer Kalaipuli. S. Thaanu and the unit of the offbeat movie Sathyaraj, Archana and music director Bharadwaj and Vairamuthu too were present. The audio CD was released by Vijay and received by all the others.
Bharathiraja praised Thankar Bachchan for 'bringing back the identity of the Tamil villages and its people back to mainstream Tamil cinema.' Mani Ratnam added that the current trend in Tamil film industry was heartening. He said: "Once upon a time, there were only one Bharathiraja or Balachander to lead the industry. Now there more than 10 to 15 young and energetic filmmakers to lead the industry. This gives me immense pleasure and satisfaction."
Vijay, the chief guest of the event said: "Sharing the screen with living legend Rajini and versatile Sathyaraj is my long time wish. After looking the songs and Thankar way of approaching the whole aspect of film making, I would like to act under his direction. If Thankar prepared a story with his own style of nativity and with scope for commercial elements which my fans expect, I will definitely act in the film." In response to his request, Thankar has assured on the stage that he would surely prepare a story for Vijay.