TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
The long awaited silver screen re-entry of the legendary Vikatan Media Group is not far away. Their new film will hit the floor by the next month. The banners founder SS Vasan is one of Indian Cinema's forefathers. He has many records to his credit - Chandralekha, Auvvayar, Vanchikottai Vaaliban and Olivilakku. He made these films under the Gemini Production banner. Ever since his first production in 1941 and until his demise in "61, he contributed too much to actually be able to describe. His films were a huge success. His success in Bollywood too was unmatched despite him passing on.
After his death, his son S Balasubramanyam started a few film ventures and then stopped because they were failures. Presently the Vikatan Media Group is producing a few television serials. One of their serials Kolangal is the top serials today. Balasunramanayam"s son took over the company and now it is awaiting its turn to re enter films.
One of the banners upcoming ventures is a big film with Jeeva. The film, to direct which director Rajesh has been roped in, has been tentatively titled Sivavin Manadil Sandhya. The director has previously worked with SA Chandrashekaran. Jeeva approved of the films storyline. Priyamani has been approached to act in the film opposite Jeeva. She has not given her word yet. Yuvan Shankar Raja will compose the music for the film and Chennai 28 fame Sakthi Saravanan will be handling the camera for the film.