TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Playback singer K.J.Yesudas or 'Daasettan' as he is affectionately called in Malayalam film circles, is celebrating his birthday today. He is famous not only for thousands of melodious film songs, but also for his rendering of Indian classical music.
He has sung more than 40,000 songs in his career. He has sung in many Indian languages such as Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Bengali, Gujarathi, Hindi, Oriya, Marathi, Punjabi, Sanskrit, and Tulu.
He has also sung songs in Russian, Arabic, Latin, and English. He showcased his talent by singing 16 film songs in four South Indian languages on a single day in the year 2006 at AVM Studios.
He has received more number of national awards than any other singer. His devotional songs have the power to stir the souls of listeners. Happy birthday, Yesudas!