TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Aamir for his work in Taare Zameen Par was the unanimous choice from 19 nominations by a panel of judges- noted director Singeetham Sreenavasa Rao, former director of Federation of Film Society Kalyanaraman and Gollapudi Maruthi Rao.
Announcing the award winner, Kamal Haasan said, "Aamir is the unanimous choice for this award. As a popular star, why a star, a Superstar in Bollywood, he could have chosen any theme that could have been boosting to his image. But he underplayed himself and proved his passion towards the industry. For your information Aamir worked four years as assistant director before making his own film."
Kamal's friend and one of the panel member Singeetham Srinivasa Rao said: "Casting is one of the responsibilities of the director. The boy, who is cast as the eight year old, is perfect for the role and the credits goes to the director naturally."
Taare Zameen Par is the first Hindi film to win the award since its inception 11 years ago. The winner gets a cash prize of Rs.1.5 lakh and a memento at the award ceremony, to be held on August 12.
The award has been instituted in memory of Gollapudi Srinivas, who accidentally drowned in the sea when he was making his debut film at the age of 26. His father Gollapudi Maruthi Rao running the trust in the name of his son and gives away the award every year.
|Watch Taare Zameen Par|