TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Confirmed To Launch In India In November With Dual Selfie Cameras
- All About The Vegetable Land Of Vattavada In The Mountains Of Kerala
- How To Use Coconut Oil For Treating Sunburns
- Om Puri's 68th Birth Anniversary: The Lesser Known Side Of The Acting Legend!
- 2018 Porsche Cayenne Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.19 Crore
- ISL 2018: ATK Vs DD: Super-Sub Maimouni Hands ATK First Win
- Bank Of India Recruitment 2018: 12 Security Officer Vacancies Available, Earn Up To INR 45,950
Following the pressures from South Indian Cinema Artists Union, Tamil Producer's Council and FEFSI, Aananda Vikatan, one of the popular magazines in Tamil has apologized openly in its recent issue for publishing an article written by Jayamohan on legends MGR and Shivaji.
Few weeks before Vikatan carried this article on these two late legends, which had some abusive content in the name of satire. After reading this article, a month long protests held in various places, which have been organized by diehard supporters of the actors. Finally, the actors union has taken the issue in their hands and passed strong resolutions in their urgent meet held on 9 March 2008 that condemned the magazine and the author of the article. The union had also asked an unconditional apology from both.
The producer's Council also supported the actor's union and declared that there would no co operation given to the magazine's film production unit Vikatan Talkies, if they didn't publish their apology in the cover page. Due to this stand, the forthcoming film of Vikatan Talkies 'Siva Manasula Shakthi' was affected and no worker was turned out for its shooting.
In another resolution, the trade bodies of Tamil Cinema condemned the writer and imposed a ban on him for working in any of his forthcoming films (Naan Kadavul and Angadi Theru) as a script writer until he conveyed his public apology.
After scrutinizing the situation carefully, the magazine has conveyed its 'deep regrets' and 'apology' for 'hurting' the sentiments and feelings of the fans and film community through re publishing the article of Jayamohan from his blog. The magazine had carried its regrets and apology in its current issue.
However Jayamohan is yet to render his apology. Due to his delay, the shooting of the films Naan Kadavul and Angadi Theru also getting delay!