TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Arranged by World Malayalee Council (WMC), Madras Medical Mission (MMM) and Malayala Manorama Group, the programme will be held in Chennai Nehru Indoor Stadium on 24th February wherein all the leading music directors of Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi will be participated. Maestro Dr. Illayaraaja will inaugurate the event by lighting the traditional Kuthu vilakku.
Addressing in a press conference held for publicizes the event for a noble cause, Kamal says: "I'm very proud to announce myself as the Ambassador for this extra ordinary event. I must appreciate the efforts taken by WMC and its partners. There are lots of poor children suffering with heart ailments in this country. Helping all of them is not possible even to the Government also. So every Indian should come forward to help them as much as they can. Here, I'm using my popularity as an actor to help then in fund raising for such a good cause. Actually, last year my fan's welfare association helped 16 poor children to get rid of their heart ailments. WMC's Hridhyaraagam forced me to do more such things in future."
According to the actor, he will also sing and even perform a dance in the show, if some one like Maestro Illayaraaja 'orders'!
Answering to a question on his commitment towards the Malayalee community, the actor says, "I'm also a Malayalee! Yes, the Malayalam Cinema only recognized me as a hero much before my Guru K. Balachander gave me a break in Tamil. My brothers in Malayalam film world accepted me as one their family members, a long time ago. That's why I'm projecting me as a Malayalee. This is my duty to be part with them and being an ambassador for a good cause."
Those, who wish to donate to the noble cause, may be sent their contributions in the name of World Malayalee Council, Chennai Province as Cheques or DDs. Earlier, the Malayala Manorama Group donated a cheque for Rs.25 lakhs to the fund raising committee to show their patronage towards the programme.
|Kerala Film Festival|