TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Thol. Thirumavalavan, Leader of Dalit Panthers of India (DPI), poet Kanimozhi, and Rajya Sabha MP, Thamizhachi, actor Khushboo, Executive editor Anand Natarajan, India Today Tamil, writer Rajendra Chozhan, cinematographer, Chezhiyan, S.R. Ramanan, from Meteorological Department, and film director Ram, among the others graced the occasion.
The atmosphere was suddenly heated up when Thirumavalavan entered the scene to release a book authored by a Dalit scholar Stalin Rajangam. Poet Arivumathi got hold of the mike after Khushboo completed her speech on a book – a compilation of articles that reflected on the current affairs including the actress's interview, which caused for a big controversy.
Arivumathi criticised her for not greeting DPI leader Thirumavalavan with due respect, when the leader stepped into the dais. She sat with cross legged when all other leaders and VIPs in the dais wished and greeted Thiruma. "It is an insult to the leader, who represents downtrodden people", claimed Arivumathi.
He also recalled the old controversy surrounding Khushboo's opinion on 'chastity of Tamil people' and her subsequent comments on filmmaker Thankar Bachaan, who stood against her on the issue. He warned her of the consequences if she continued to behave in the same manner.
Khushboo immediately reacted with ferocious reply. She told that she knew when, where and whom to respect. Also she told everyone to read carefully what she had written in a magazine before coming to a conclusion.
Her behaviour evoked anger among the supporters of Thiruma and Arivumathi, who tried to storm to the dais in protest. The atmosphere suddenly turned tensed. But the situation was wisely handled by Thirumavalavan, who instructed his supporters to calm down and made a perfect balancing act through his well rendered speech.
Later Thiruma released the book and received by Khushboo. After the function, Thiruma told that it was the mistake of the organizers who invited the actress for the function. "She has no connection with the Tamil literature or culture. But it is the media, which is projecting her as a fighter for women rights. That is the root cause for all these happenings" said Thiruma.