TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 Live
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- All-New Maruti Ertiga Pre-Launch Teaser
- Sara Ali Khan And Her Equation With Kareena!
- Watermelon Facial For Glowing Skin
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
SR Kaniraj, one of the HMK's functionaries had lodged a complaint with the Periyamet police station, saying that Mallika had 'hurt the sentiments of the people of Tamil Nadu by wearing a revealing mini skirt, exposing her back and sitting cross legged in front of the Chief Minister M Karunanidhi at Dasavatharam audio launch. Our party urged the police to take severe action against the actress to save the culture of our soil."
After viewing the petition, the inspector of Periyamet Police station Ashok Kumar had a brief discussion with the legal experts and later decided to send a legal notice to the actress to seek her explanation for her dressing sense. But, after the instruction from the 'higher authorities' the police now decided to drop the action against the actress.
According to the Chennai Police, there will be no action taken on Mallika Sherawat for her stage behaviour and dressing sense. Since it is her personal affair, no one has the right to question her.
But a few weeks ago, Actress Shreya was condemned up by HMK for 'dressing in an indecent manner at the Shivaji silver jubilee function', where again Chief Minister M Karunanidhi was the chief guest. Later, the actress was forced to tender an unconditional apology for her dressing manner.